September 17: Ala Moana Update
Photography courtesy of David Livingston.
The long-awaited retail expansion at Ala Moana Center is expected to be complete by the end of 2015.
- What can we look forward to with the opening of Bloomingdale’s and other stores?
- New dining? New entertainment?
- What are national trends for malls and how does Ala Moana Center compare?
- What is the timeline for Park Lane, the luxury residences at Ala Moana?
- How does Transit Oriented Design (TOD), the rail station and feeder busses fit into the plan?
- What are General Growth’s plans for future projects at the center?
Francisco Gutierrez, Senior Director of Development for General Growth Properties, manages all development activities of GGP in Hawaii, including Ala Moana Center, Whalers Village in Maui and Prince Kuhio Plaza in Hilo. He has 20 years of experience in the design and development of various retail, mixed use, and residential projects. His experience includes the entitlements of Ward Neighborhood master plan, the redevelopment of Ward Center’s Village Shops, and multiple retail expansions of the Ala Moana Center.